If you are ready to bring your talent and mechanical engineering skills to meet exciting and new challenges, we look forward to having you join our team of professionals in Assing S.p.A.
We are looking for a mechanical engineer to lead projects and provide design expertise.
The HVAC Mechanical Engineer is responsible for taking into account the clients’ needs and designing the system wherein these requirements will be fulfilled by carrying out these duties within the given deadline and budget. His/her work may include implementation of system upgrades to meet the newly developed requirements. This position will allow you to work with advanced computer tools and travel occasionally to interface with clients and attend industry events. Work environment that is both fun and professional.
- HVAC systems, utilities and fire systems design to meet client’s requirements in both large and small projects.
- Consult, research, design and coordinate the installation of HVAC system and equipment for a wide range of projects, especially in the Clean Rooms application field.
- Develop design criteria, P&IDs, MTOs, testing procedures according to engineering standard. Develop functional specifications and supervision logics for HVAC systems.
- Work with other engineers, drafters, project managers, procurement and sales professionals to elaborate Feasibility Studies, Concept, Basic, Detailed Design.
- Provide technical assistance during construction, commissioning and qualification of plants.
- Analyze HVAC systems and equipment when necessary to find inefficiencies or malfunctions and create solutions to optimize performance and increase the efficiency of operation.
- Interact with customers to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost, feasibility, and implementation of new HVAC systems.
- Assists the engineering and sales department in preparing the technical part of the bids to be submitted to customers.
- Issues technical specifications based on contractual technical specifications used as reference.
- Ensure that the proposals received from various potential subcontractors are technically uniform, make technical tabulations
- Manage the selected supplier technically until the supply is delivered (engineering + materials).
Job Skills, Qualifications & Attitudes
- Degree in mechanical engineering, with specialization in HVAC design plants, energy / thermodynamics.
- With at least 5/6 years of experience in the HVAC design of industrial projects of small to large dimensions, preferably with knowledge of pharmaceutical plants.
- Experience in setting, development, evaluation and implementation of projects for air conditioning systems, generation and distribution utilities in the industrial sectors.
- Can autonomously develop design drawings, P&IDs, Technical Documentation and MTOs
- Can evaluate and align the offers received by suppliers and subcontractors.
- Is able to identify corrective actions in order to adjust design according to contractual deviations and fix issues.
- Knowledge of specific legislation and standards (ASHRAE, ISO, GMP) and of software as AutoCAD
- Knowledge of issues – related to the pharmaceutical/chemical/electronical industry and to the fire protection – would be an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines.
- High proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Availability for business trips.
Job location: Roma, Monterotondo – ITALY
Apply now: [email protected]